Monday, December 8, 2008

Pulling up and Pulling over

Saturday I volunteered at the Snohomish County History Museum, pulling up carpet in their new building to help get ready for their collection to move in. Carpet glue is tough stuff - we had times where five people with tools were making only inches of progress a minute pulling up a strip only about three feet wide. Luckily, only one room was that bad.

On the way back from pulling up carpet I pulled over at the site of an auto accident. The odd thing is that I never really considered whether to pull over or not - I just hit my hazards and pulled onto the shoulder. It wasn't until afterwards that I reasoned why I did - usually I don't pull over - that somehow the glances of twisted metal, person apparently caring for a victim, and lack of medics on scene got through to my sub-conscious as a gestalt without involving my conscious. I guess I'm better trained than I thought.

No comments: