Monday, June 14, 2010

Belt Update

I started carrying a belt holster/pouch on a daily basis back in high school. The first item was a twin-AA Maglite flashlight. For quite a while in college I wore a second belt at my waist in addition to the one on my pants, both with their standard issue of gear.

The gear has changed frequently over the years, and I thought it was time for an update.

Left side:
Pedometer
Double glove pouch with two pairs of nitrile field gloves & CPR microshield
Right side:
Tac light pouch with S&W tac light, extra batteries & spare bulb (the light is a worthwhile item, but the holster was designed for people exactly like me)
Main pouch with cell phone, twin-AA LED conversion Maglite w/lanyard, ball-point pen, small pad of post-it notes, 8x20 monocular, Leatherman Kick & 2" bike mirror.

This is in addition to some pocket plunder, watch, pins, knife (CRKT folder), glasses, etc.

Note that at the moment I'm not carrying a PDA - I find I miss having one sometimes, but I really never got into the habit of using them to their full potential. I am keeping an eye out, though. What I want is something that will allow internet browsing and is camera-equipped in addition to PDA and cell phone functions. The ability to play MP3s would be a nice bonus, as would a voice-recording function. Durability and a 72-hour battery life (or 48 if batteries are replaceable) are also baseline requirements. Anyone care to recommend a product? :-)

No comments: