Thursday, August 2, 2012

On the Move

Yup, I did Boeing’s On The Move challenge again this year.

This year the company offered a $100 gift card as an incentive for doing an average of 10,000 steps per day over the course of the 42 day program.

While I did not manage to reach 10,000 steps every day, I did make the average. My total steps were 427,433.

Getting 10,000 steps a day when you work a desk job is HARD. One day a week I’m currently a traveling circus going around the Everett site to touch base with various groups that aren’t located at Harbor Pointe, so 1/7 of the time I made my daily goal with ease. 10,000 steps is about five miles. From wearing the pedometer the rest of the year I found I averaged about 3,500 steps a day, so I needed to walk over three extra miles per day.

Each On The Move my goal has risen, but unless my job changes I think I've hit the limit of what I can really do.

No comments: