Tuesday, June 25, 2013

From the Front Lines: June Faire

June Faire was the first weekend in June.

Yes, I'm more than a little behind on posting.

I participated in the 1st may become annual bardic competition of June Faire. It was a fairly standard head-to-head, fixed topic, contest. I did King Rorik for "War" and Dulcinea for "Love" and lost both rounds. Sigh. To be fair, there was some excellent competition out there. For one thing, there were bagpipes. I had never heard the Star Wars theme on bagpipes before, but now I have. :-)

I spent most of my time, however, with the Moneyer's Guild. Yes, that means 'almost all the time the Faire was open Saturday and about half of Sunday.' We were doing the fund raiser thing again, and I spent most of my time doing the demo/sales pitch.

We did take a little time Sunday, however, to give three of us (myself included) our Journeyman's Oaths. I am now a Journeyman of the Moneyer's Guild of An Tir. :-)

No comments: