Monday, November 9, 2009

Puppy Love

Well, Kaylee has now been part of the family for over a week.

I have never seen anything more clearly and completely happy to see me than Kaylee after I came home from my first day of work. She jumped all over me, up to twice her height off the ground, panting like mad and wagging her entire body. She then proceeded to bounce around the house like a gas molecule for several straight minutes.

Her greetings have gotten a little less intense each day, but she still puts on quite a show.

Kaylee has had her first bath, which went better than I expected, and her first nail clipping, which did not. Training is going slowly; I'm hopeful that formal classes will help. Her behavior at night is much better (quieter and for longer periods). At some point I may even be able to sleep through the night again. :-}

No comments: