Monday, April 26, 2010

Birthdays

So, today's my birthday (so people tell me - although I was obviously there, I do not remember the event...).

Since I missed the blog anniversary this year, I'm going to ask the Five Questions today:

Who are you? I'm the Bardic Champion of the Barony of Aquaterra. Did I mention that? I think I might have mentioned that. :-) I'm a soldier not in uniform, an engineer not a PE, a paramedic not certified in the state I live in. Yeah, I'm no closer to answering this question than ever.

What do you want? I'd like to kick this cold/infection/whatever that I've had for several months now. I want to be able to think about the world and still be at peace.

Why are you here? More and more, I'm coming to "they pay me." No, that isn't a good answer.

Where are you going? To California for a wedding on D-Day. Home at the end of today. To an SCA event next week.

Who do you serve, and who do you trust? I serve the Constitution of the United States of America. I have little positive trust - I trust politicians to be corrupt, executives to be short-sighted, and people to be unable to see things they don't want to see.

OK, that was a fairly depressing summary. On a more positive note, last night I got to play a five-player game of Advanced Civilization (the board game), and Saturday I watched most of Band of Brothers (the TV miniseries about the US 506th PIR). Tonight I hope to feast upon cheesey potatoes and blueberry pie.

2 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

Yes, today is your birthday. Trust me on this one; I do remember. 12:34 PM, I believe.

Gridley said...

Yes, proving that I knew how to count from a very young age indeed. Of course I believe by that logic my sister proved she could count backwards...