Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Guiding eager young minds...

...down the path of DOOM!

Carnegie Mellon (my alma mater for those who didn't know) has invited me to become a member of the Carnegie Mellon Admissions Council, basically a bunch of alums who interview potential students and answer questions about what C-M is like. I've filled out my application, but I have very little idea of what to expect.

I'm also curious if this is something they ask everyone about (perhaps a year or two after graduation), or if there is some flag I tripped or profile I met. I can't imagine what the latter might be, however. Anyone else gotten this invite? Anyone else applied?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate to crush your spirit, but yes, they ask everyone. I can't be bothered unless they pay me, I'm still paying off my debt to them. Maybe when that's gone I'll think about it.

Gridley said...

Can't really say I'm surprised - I'm more surprised at the time lag from graduation to now, actually.

To my mind, I'm not doing this for C-M, I'm doing it for the prospective students. C-M was, without a doubt, the right place for me, but I know that, for example, it would have been a terrible place for my sister. If I can help someone make the right choice... well, that's something I like to do.

Raising Them Jewish said...

Well, I'll lift your spirit a tad bit. They don't ask EVERYONE, just almost everyone.

I'm a part, and I've had fun; but then again I love working with prospective students...

Gridley said...

How often do you talk to prospectives?