Monday, December 17, 2007

The Weekend of Minor Annoyances

Four self-inflicted minor injuries. Including managing to cut myself on an inflatable ground pad. I mean, come on!! Whacking myself with the hammer was kindof predictable, but a ground pad shouldn't be hazardous.

30 minutes spent making wrong turns in downtown Seattle. If they hadn't started the Nutcracker late I would have missed the curtain. The number of times I turned onto Mercer street alone...

Speaking of the Nutcracker, how do you do a production of that show where the Russian Dance has no Russians and the Dance of the Sugarplum Faeries has no Faeries? It was a good show, but that really threw me.

Again, having one of the people I was going to the Nutcracker with be too sick to go. Worse for him than me, of course.

Where the heck are my nail clippers? The good ones. I found the bad ones, and a set I didn't know I had, but where are the good ones?

Two days without a net connection (cutoff at the apartment, not yet up at the house). I never notice how much time I spend on line (or at least how often I check something online) until I don't have access for a day or two.

Look, if you're going to make adjustable shelves, the pins that make them adjustable should be able to be removed without needing to lever them out with pliers.

Why couldn't I sleep last night?

How does Target run out of Christmas lights? Nine days before Christmas?

The apartmnet complex office, at which I now have two packages waiting... wasn't open Sunday.

The movers managed to break the set of slats on one side of the master bed. Thank Azel for Duct Tape.

Melt, microwave pizza cheese, melt already!

OK, attention all Seattle-area drivers. It is called rain. It happens, like, four times a week or something here. You really don't need to drive like you're on black ice. Really, just go, say, the speed limit, and we'll all get where we're going.

AND STOP SLOWING DOWN TO GAWK AT ACCIDENTS. Yeah, I do it sometimes, but I'm checking accidents where there isn't an ambulance in attendance to see if there are apparent injuries. Because if there are, I'll stop to assist. I've actually done that more than once. What's your excuse?

Ah, "nibbled to death by ducks"; that's the phrase.

2 comments:

Raising Them Jewish said...

Wow- I'm not sure what to say Christmas Grinch...

It's all going to be okay. Paid vacation will start soon, the new house will eventually become a home (if it isn't already a home with you and your wife.) and I promise that the Duck's won't eat you....

Gridley said...

I think this is the first time I've been called a grinch... but that does give me an idea for a major heist...