Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What's on your desk?

Here's whats on mine:

A dish of mints, for general consumption.

A plant that I'm taking care of for a co-worker who's on vacation.

A small container of granola as part of an experiment (how long before someone takes it?).

Some seals I'm going to use for a fit check.

A picture of Cricket (the wolf I'm a sponsor for).

A box of "WypAll" paper towels, along with a spare box.

My phone.

"To do" list on post-its.

Computer (laptop & docking station), keyboard, Evoluent mouse, monitor, cables, etc.

Several bolts, a rivnut, an E-nut, and some washers accumulated from various part searches.

My water bottle.

A pencil holder with half a dozen pens, some sharpies, highlighters, and a lonely pencil.

An origami phoenix.

A box of tissues.

A portable chess board (actually belongs to a co-worker).

A tab and slot test coupon.

My empty lunch bag.

A rendering of the ISS.

My nametag/status/assignment thing.

A 2007 calender.

A 2007-2010 M-Day calender.

A couple of cheat sheets.

A napkin with a US flag on it.

My evacuation assembly area card.

A crystal (on loan from the same person as the plant), which has markedly improved my computer's performance.

Two pictures of people (I'm in one of them).

What's on yours?

2 comments:

Raising Them Jewish said...

Ususally:

An Inbox with sunglasses and random stuff

OTiS- when do I get paid calendar

Tiki-man Candle

Business cards

Laptop, extra monitor, mouse

Work phone

Glass for water, glass for tea

Pad of paper (or two)

Spider notebook for phone messages.

Occasionally Keys, phones, pens.

No pictures or randomness here...
:-(

Toni said...

Wow your desk is crowded!

I have:
A beaded pillar candle holder that is filled with pens/pencils/and markers

A heartshaped picture from of me and Jim

A box of tissues

A hawaiian lei around my monitor

A packet of antibotic ointment

A stack of postits

Piles of notes stacked up randomly

A complete set of McDonald's "Chronicles of Narnia" happymeal toys

A can of Buzz Cola from the 7-11 promotion

Random keychains I got from my boss

A tiny manger scene

Stress ball

Cords/cables/laptops for testing

Tape & stapler

A Winrunner textbook

A "That's funny!" page-a-day calendar

Folded up quotes from my page-a-day calendar such as "We need a support group for compulsive talkers - we'd call it On-andon-anon" - Paula Poundstone