Friday, December 21, 2007

The Last Mile - 2007 in review

Well, today is my last full day of work this year. I say "full day" becuase it turns out I'll need to do a few hours here and there over the holidays, though I'll be able to do those from home.

As of the end of today, I will have worked 573 hours of overtime, making over 31% overtime for me this year. I've taken 7 vacation days, three of them connected to the house, and 12 sick days.

I attended two weddings, and was invited to two others.

I bought a house, and moved into it.

I paid off my car.

I recieved a patent (for work done several years ago).

I recieved a promotion at work.

I started this blog.

I recieved the Golden Ribbon, and passed it on.

I took a trip out of state just to visit a friend.

I read dozens of new books, including Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I bought another sword (and matching dagger).

I attended two RenFaires, and a bunch of SCA events.

A few of these things were expected; most were not.

I wonder what 2008 will bring.

2 comments:

Raising Them Jewish said...

WOW- somehow I don't think that's all the things you've done this year. However, the 500+ hours of OT is quite impossible.

Happy Holidays, Happy New Year!

Gridley said...

Oh, it isn't even close to everything I've done; just some of the highlights.

The 573 hours (soon to be 574+, Zarth) are quite possible; I did them. :-(