Monday, March 10, 2008

Rome, Movies, and Sleep

A prescription sleeping pill has halted the short nights, but is not helping me catch back up. I don't know if depression is the cause and trouble sleeping is the result or the other way around, but I don't seem to be able to break the cycle.

On Saturday four of us visited the Seattle Art Museum; they've got an exhibit of Roman artifacts on tour from the Louvre. There were some very interesting pieces, particularly (from my point of view) a marbe work from a triumphal arch that showed four soldiers, including the detail of their uniforms and shield decorations. The exhibit is well worth your time if you're into the period at all.

Sunday three of us went to see "Fool's Gold". It was a fun movie, managing the treasure hunt theme quite nicely. A moderate suspension of disbelief is required (hey, it is Hollywood). Kate Hudson turns in a particularly nice performance. The movie left me with a desire to go SCUBA diving. :-)

I'm still trolling for additional ideas on how to get/stay asleep if anyone else has any (thank you randomgirl).

2 comments:

Raising Them Jewish said...

Fools Gold was terrible. one of the most boring movies I've seen...

Gridley said...

Odd - I thought you and I mostly agreed on movie opinions.

There's bound to be exceptions, of course.