Monday, March 3, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle

Well, it has now been a full week since I've had a full night's sleep.

Having trouble sleeping is not, of course, new for me. It is very new for me to go to bed exhausted and be unable to sleep through the night. One or two sleepless nights are generally followed, if time permits, by a night or two of deep sleep. This time, however, I've woken up at ~3-4AM seven times in a row. My normal weekday alarm is 5:00AM.

For about four days I've been yawning, exhausted, etc. Add in the several pieces of bad news I've gotten over the past few days and I'm in pretty bad shape.

What do you do when you can't sleep?

2 comments:

Raising Them Jewish said...

Kick the cat out of bed.

Take a really hot shower right before I get in bed.

Invite someone over to snuggle with...

Gridley said...

The cat can probably be classified as unkickable. He has powerful protection. Anyway, I don't think he's the problem.

The hot shower I'll try - thanks.

Snuggling doesn't tend to put me to sleep... :-}