Monday, March 2, 2009

Wiiiii!

OK, I'm not particularly fond of console games (I do not now and never have owned a gaming console, though I've spent plenty of time on those belonging to various friends). I'm not particularly fond of bowling (only done it once, and quite possibly set a world record for the highest number of gutter balls in an evening).

But Wii bowling... well, rocked.

Quite a bit of it was the Wii itself; unlike any other game remote I've ever handled, I felt like I could get this one to do what I wanted (most of the time - the one attempt at Wii Duck Hunt was a dismal failure). In addition to bowling and the shoot 'em up, I raced cows (yes, cows. Don't knock it 'till you've tried it.), fished, and played pool (8-ball). Despite not even understanding the rules of some of these games, I could generally at least get the remote to do what I wanted. In the case of the fishing game this involved catching the wrong fish, but I caught the fish I was aiming for, so whose fault is that really?

Perhaps someday in addition to my board games, miniatures, armed puffs, RPG's, card games, and computer games I too will have console games.

No comments: