Thursday, October 29, 2009

Awesomeness

Nathon Fillion rocks. Castle rocks.

Monday was the 'Halloween episode' of Castle (the TV show) for this season. It opens with Richard Castle (Nathon Fillion) accessorizing himself in a Halloween costume that is strongly reminiscent of Mal Reynolds, complete with sidearm, suspenders, and brown overcoat. He then walks into another room and asks his daughter's opinion. In answer to her question "what are you" he replies "a space cowboy!" She counters, "didn't you wear that like five years ago?"

I swear, I don't know how they kept straight faces for that exchange.

For those who don't keep track, the movie "Serenity" opened September 30th, 2005. Firefly aired in the 2002/2003 TV season.

Oh, Castle is a pretty good TV show in general. It just happens that this particular opening is awesome.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Beth called me over to see that part. Did you notice the Firefly music in the backround?

Gridley said...

Amazingly enough, I was focused enough on the visual not to notice the audio. I guess I'll just have to watch it again, woe is me!