Thursday, January 7, 2010

Catching Up

Well, it has been quite a busy few weeks. Some highlights:

My mother visited just after christmas, and brought with her one of those gifts that keeps on giving: a Wii. Of all the game consoles I've seen/tried out, this is the only one I've actually considered getting myself, so I'm quite glad. I claim the title of cow racing champion of people I know. :-) I managed to log ten consecutive days on Wii Fit before work started up. Hopefully I'll be able to get in some time on the weekends.

Kaylee continues to grow, and has finally reached the point where she can sleep through the night. That doesn't mean she always does, of course, but it is a milestone. She now weighs in at about 20 lbs, at least 10 lbs of it pure energy. Yes, I've created a Mii for her on the Wii. Puppy class continues to introduce both commands I knew off (sit, stay, come) and commands I didn't (stand, go, leave-it). Overall her level of training and obediance is improving, but she's still wearing me down.

We've had the first two sessions (start up, rules intro, character development, etc) of a Star Wars RPG (West End, thank you, not WotC) that I'm GMing. I'm going to have 6-7 players, which is a new record for me. The party will be a group of 'honest merchants' trying to make a living on a... special... freighter during the time of the movies (Episodes IV-VI, thank you, not the travesties that masqueraded as Episodes I-III).

Planning for Ursulmas continues, and the floor plans are firming up, though changes are still being made.

2 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

10 pound of pure energy - that's the equivalent of 97.435 megatons of TNT!

Chris said...

it's a ballbark estimate, which is why it's a little low. That dog has bounce.