Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Drawing to a close

Well, after much debate and agony, Kaylee will be going back to her breeder on Saturday. I'm not at all happy about this, but believe it is the right decision. I'm just not cut out to raise a puppy the way one should be raised.

There is one potential bright spot - my mother has asked the breeder to consider her as a new owner. She met Kaylee over the holidays and took to her as I did. She also has rather more experiance raising children than I do. :-}

So perhaps Kaylee will remain in the family, just not with me. Wherever she goes, I hope she will be happy.

4 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

It is truly painful; I loved seeing the two of you together. From talking with the breeder, I'm confident that she has Kaylee's best interests at heart. I really do hope she'll decide that includes me, but I think Kaylee will be happy.

I don't think I would have been able raise a puppy when I was your age either, though I do think I can now. Maybe you will find yourself capable of this (or something similar) in the future.

Toni said...

What happened?

Ray said...

She is a sweety, and we'll miss her, but I do understand. I'm sure she'll be happy with your mom.

Gridley said...

Basically, she just had too much energy for us.