Thursday, January 7, 2010

My $0.02

I literally gave someone my $0.02 yesterday.

I was at Trader Joe's, stuck in line behind someone who had their husband get in line before they were finished shopping, and had to get 'just one more thing' before they could be checked out. Once she finally got the last thing (well after the cashier had rung up and bagged everything else), she had some sort of problem with a debit or gift card, and as a result she was able to pay all but $0.02 of her bill. Now here's the best part: neither she nor her husband had any cash on them whatsoever. So she sent her husband out to their car to get some.

At this point I intervened and handed the cashier a quarter, telling her I'd cover the $0.02. She rung up the last two cents and gave me $0.23 in change.

Really now, I know that credit and debit and EBT and gift cards are everywhere, but who doesn't carry ANY cash?

No comments: