Friday, July 30, 2010

Five Years

Yesterday was my fifth anniversary at Boeing.

In those five years I have worked 10,715 hours, including 1,467 hours of overtime.
I have taken 48 vacation days, 41 sick days, and 60 holidays for a total of 1,192 hours of paid time off. I have never worked more than five consecutive pay periods (two weeks each) without working at least some overtime. For a 27 month stretch in 2006-2008, I worked at least some overtime EVERY pay period.

I have worked on two major airplane development programs (787 and 747-8). I have witnessed two first flights.

I have had four managers (Monday I will get a fifth) and six leads.

I have designed and released hundreds of parts and assemblies, input to two certification plans, and authored dozens of other documents.

I have presented information to the FAA, numerous airline customers and potential customers, management up to three layers above me, and other Boeing groups.

I have witnessed half a dozen structural tests, most of which I authored the test plans for and one where I designed the test apparatus.

And as of yesterday, I am fully vested in the pension plan.

3 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

Congratulations!

I'm amazed by your statistics tracking. My five year anniversary is next month, and I could not compile a similar set.

Gridley said...

I like Excel. :-)

It started at US Tool & Die, where I was worried that I wouldn't get paid for all of my hours, so I kept track myself. That seemed like a useful habit so I kept it when I started at Boeing.

Sparkles! said...

Congratulations!
It's amazing that you've kept tract of the number of hours you've worked!