Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Roulette, Satisfaction, and Blueberries

Everyone has heard of Russian Roulette. Many people have heard of Polish Roulette (it involves a semi-auto pistol).

I am officially declaring one of my range techniques to be German Roulette. In German Roulette, you load one or two snap caps (or spent casings) into a revolver; the rest of the chambers get live rounds. You then do the classic spin-the-chamber and snap it in. Now shoot. If you're trigger control is good, when you pull the trigger on one of the blanks, the pistol doesn't move. If you're me, it dips a little. This shows you that you're causing the pistol to dip a little when you fire a live round too... of course when you fire a live round recoil makes it impossible for you to tell.

No, I didn't invent this technique, nor did I think it up independently. I am, however, designating it as German Roulette for easy of conversation. Let the Internet take note.

Also, and mostly unrelated, I officially declare that as a group of lions is called a Pride, a group of house cats should be called a Satisfaction. Again, let the Internet take note.

If it weren't for blueberries I'm not sure I could have made it through today. Thank you, blueberries, for being so yummy, especially in milkshake form.

3 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

"Satisfaction" can sometimes apply to a single house cat - remember Smokey?

Gridley said...

I still tell stories about him - possibly my favorite being washing his paws in two different sinks...

chris said...

For some reason, I thought it was a sufficiency of cats. Don't know why