Monday, November 1, 2010

All Hallow's Eve

Got 38 trick-or-treaters last night; I do so like giving candy to children. :-)

Halloween is an odd holiday to me. I like (most of) the costumes, I like the candy (must... resist... candy corn...), I like trick or treating (either giving or receiving), I even like the historical religious background of the holiday. Heck, I'm fond of the tale of Ichabud Crane!

But I'm just not into the horror element. I'm not into gore, or big spiders (REALLY not into spiders, big or little), or fake knives sticking out of fake wounds. Perhaps it is the inner paramedic making itself felt again, though I wasn't into horror long before I was into emergency medicine.

I can't think of a holiday I'm more conflicted about. Christmas? No problems; I don't seek out Santa Claus, but I don't avoid him either. Easter? Must... resist... mini eggs... um... what was I talking about?

No comments: