Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Food Tablets, Day 3 (Final)

Sunday morning weight: 188lbs
Monday morning weight: 186lbs
Tuesday morning weight: 183lbs
Final weight: 181 lbs
Comment: with my fourth data point showing a continued decline at an unhealthy rate, I'm stopping the experiment.

Steps Sunday: 8,789
Steps Monday: 9,652
Steps Tuesday: 7,979
Comment: half a mile of jogging yesterday; steps below average but well above my minimum goal. The average of the three days is above my baseline average.

Tablets taken: 12 (total 36 over three days)

Notes: again, minimal hunger, good energy level and alertness, no negative effects except the weight loss noted above. No odd dreams. I'll post a follow-up tomorrow about how going back onto normal food goes.

Summary: assuming no ill effects today, I'm calling this experiment a minimal success. The tablets seem to have the ability to keep energy up for a day or so without ill effects, which would be useful for 'patrol' situations or perhaps as an ultralight emergency food ration (for an EDC, perhaps). Having a bottle on hand as part of a comprehensive emergency preparedness package is probably worth it, more than one bottle per family or other small group is probably overkill. For my part, I'm going to keep a bottle on-hand.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions or comments. I hope I've provided some useful data.

No comments: