Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12

Happy 12 day, everyone!

Enjoy it, because odds are none of us will live to see the next triple date (January 1st, 2101).

In other news, it is looking increasingly likely that SPEEA will strike. February 1st (2013) is being tossed around as a date.

I feel about the potential strike much the same way I feel about the fiscal cliff; it would be better if it didn't happen, but the people responsible (Boeing in the case of the strike, and the voters - especially those in Ohio, Florida, etc. - in the case of the fiscal cliff) have no one to blame but themselves if it does.

I already tried to avert one, and I'm making my support of SPEEA very visible at work as the best way I have to avoid the other.

We'll see... or maybe the Mayans actually were prophets and not the first cobol programmers and we won't see.

A few days ago the news reported that some government agency assured the public that the world will not end this december or anytime soon. NPR noted that while it was a bold claim it would be hard to hold them accountable if they were wrong.

Personally I don't believe the world will end on 12/21 or any nearby date, don't believe we'll go over the fiscal cliff, and don't believe we'll strike.

On the plus side, I can't be wrong about all three of those!

2 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

However, we will have dates like 2/2/22 (Your grandfather was born on 2/2/22 - 1922)

Gridley said...

We also get dates like 11/12/13.