Wednesday, December 5, 2012

From the Frontlines: Good Yule

I went to Good Yule this year with the expectation that I would be doing a lot of entertaining – both before and during the feast.

As it happened I only performed once (Save me a Seat in Valhalla), but I had fun anyway.

With my unexpected free time I entered the games championship. I won twice and lost twice in Byzantine Chess (often known as round chess or circular chess), and concluded that bishops in Byzantine Chess are weak and pitiful. I also taught a young girl how to play. I was a finalist in the Tafl tournament (a Norse game), finally losing to the champion in a sudden death round. I also taught three people how to play Tafl.

After the feast I helped with cleanup. I had no idea the Barony owned so many dishes.

No comments: