Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Do you believe in God?

I believe that there is an entity or group in the universe that is more powerful than humans. I believe that this entity or group has interacted with humans in the past, and continues to do so to a lesser extent in the present. I believe that this entity (or group) is not completely subject to the laws of physics as we presently understand them. I believe this based on experiances I have had and have heard about from others; things I can't explain within the limits of human capability and the physical laws we accept.

Does that mean I belive in God? Gods? Goddess?

I don't believe in an omniscient, omnipotent, benevolent being. I'll accept any two out of three for the sake of arguement, but I can't reconcile an entity that is all three of these with the world as I see it. Yes, I've heard the 'free will' arguement, but IMO it fails to explain a great deal.

I'm not an atheist. I DO believe there is some higher power, and calling it 'god' doesn't bother me. Sadly, I can't define what I AM. I'm not Christian. I'm not Muslim. I'm not... many things. But what AM I?

No comments: