Saturday, June 30, 2007

Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End

Saw PotC: AWE last night. I went into it with no expectations - I had a pass for a free movie that expired today, so I figured that however bad it might be it would be worth the cost of popcorn.

Now, it wasn't as good as the first one. But I've seen pretty much nothing but negative reviews of this movie (or lukewarm reviews at best), and I don't understand why. It was, I thought, a pretty good movie. The five-way standoff on the deck of the Black Pearl alone makes it better than the second movie, and that was one scene! Everyone was back, everyone was in good form, and we got Chow Yun Fat as a pirate to boot.

If you see it, watch for two of the secondary characters, near the end, to prove that they're not nearly as stupid as they look. :-)

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...

2 comments:

Raising Them Jewish said...

They certainly did prove that- if nothing else...

Gridley said...

Hey, it is a step up from the 2nd movie - I can't remember anything they did in that one.