Thursday, August 2, 2007

Missing the Past

I'm missing the past again today - specifically college, where I got to pick most of the people I dealt with on a daily basis, and the vast majority of the available people had the sense and motivation required to accomplish things (any things, possibly even the things they were supposed to be doing) on a daily basis.

I was talking with a ~20 year Boeing veteran yesterday, and he was (good naturedly) laughing at the fact that I felt motivated to do a good job just for the sake of doing it.

Is it just the IRC that is this way? Just Boeing? Just the corporate world? Or was I in some small island of optimism and energy while at Carnegie Mellon?

The evidence of the debacle that was "Do Something Day" at C-MU seems to rule out the latter possibility.

No comments: