Monday, August 27, 2007

Save me a Seat in Valhalla

This is a filk I wrote to the tune of "The Piano Man"

Its just before dawn on a summer's day
Loading the longships for sea
And Sven he comes up with an idea
And walks up to the captain and me
He says "I know a land not to far from here
"Where there's liquor and women galore
"Oh there's mead and there's meat
"And the waters are sweet
"The town's just a stone's throw from shore."

Chorus:
Save me a seat in Valhalla's Halls
Save me a seat by the fire
For we're all going to die before morning
So send down a Valkyrie Choir!

Well we loaded our boats and we sailed away
Ready to pillage, THEN burn
We sailed down the coast
And we landed our host
But that's when our luck took a turn
For this town had a full hundred warriors
Who ambushed us far from the ships
The first sign was a volley of javelins
Half our men died on their tips.

Chorus

Now we knew we would live if we ran away
And we'd probably die if we stayed
But we're true vikings all
And we answered the call
And we sang as we ran to the fray:

Chorus

No comments: