Monday, January 12, 2009

Boeing Layoffs

Boeing has announced that it will be cutting 4,500 jobs this year.

So after outsourcing has caused problems for every program they've used it on, they're reducing their internal workforce.

While they still have years of backlogged orders, they're reducing their workforce.

Am I the only one who this confuses?

Last year it didn't bother me that my retention rating had dipped to R3 (the lowest level) due to my promotion. Now I'm updating my resume. Yes, if Boeing honors its contract with SPEEA than the over 2,000 contractors on strength should go before they cut any union jobs (and good riddance, if that was all they were cutting IMO). But... Boeing wants to get rid of the unions, and it has violated contracts before. So I just don't know.

No comments: