Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm sorry, officer, I didn't know I was exceeding the speed limit...

... by 100,000 MPH.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1870049,00.html?cnn=yes

The Solar System is not only faster than a speeding bullet, it is faster than we thought it was. Part of that is becuase the Milky Way is bigger than we thought it was. Lots bigger.

Well, it has been awhile since I posted last. Much has happened. I've killed myself without dying, been given a rock for Christmas, filed a police report, contemplated buying a motorcycle, hurt my back pushing cars and shoveling snow, recieved a family heirloom, tried going off my sleeping pills, seen Australia, been snowed in, played spin the Dreidel, been slushed in, put snow chains on my shopping list (despite never even considering having them while living in Boston and Pittsburgh), budgeted for the new year, dreamed many strange dreams, and decided that the full scientific name of my cat is Felis Domesticus Marmaladus Longus Roadblockus.

Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of posting. :-)

No comments: