Thursday, July 19, 2007

Predictions for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I was almost perfect on my guesses about Order of the Phoenix, completely wrong about Half-Blood Prince, but here we go again anyway.

1. Voldy is going to die. He's going to be all dead this time, not just mostly dead.

2. Dumbledore is dead. Well, as a human, anyway. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a role as a portrait, or even a phoenix (though I don't think that's likely - it is just my "out there" theory).

3. Snape is evil. He'll play up to the good guys if they're clearly winning, but down inside he'd much rather Voldy won and he got to be his lieutenant. If he switches to the good side, it will ONLY be becuase he's ambitious and values his own survival.

4. The "RAB" was Sirius' brother Regulus, and the locket was the one seen early on in Order of the Phoenix (book) during the housecleaning. Also, I'm betting Regulus managed to destroy it as a horcrux.

5. At least one of the "ministry six" is going to die (Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Neville, Luna). Neville is the one I'd be least willing to sell life insurance to.

6. We haven't seen the last of Sirius. Most likely he'll get involved via those paired mirrors (one of which Harry has). How dead is Sirius? No clue.

7. Harry isn't the "heir of Gryffindor," nor any other of the founders of Hogwarts. He might turn out of have one of them as an ancestor, but only if a lot of other people do to.

8. Ginny may have told Harry she "understands" what he has to do, but she hasn't given up on their relationship. Related: assuming they both live, they will either end the book together or likely to get back together.

9. The established members of the Order of the Phoenix will also suffer casualties - at least three, say. I'm also not selling insurance to any Weasleys or Remus.

10. The first person on this list who survives will become a Hogwarts professor:
Hermione, Harry, Neville.

A lot of these may seem obvious. I've seen debate on almost all of them, however, and remember that it was obvious to me, for example, that Neville would become one of the main characters in Half-Blood Prince. Boy, was I wrong.

This list, for the first time in my predictions history, doesn't include a list of people who will definately live. That's because I don't have one. I can't name a single character I'm sure will survive. Yes, that includes Harry, Fawkes (surely there's some way to kill a phoenix and make it stick - Dementor's Kiss, perhaps?), Susan Bones... everyone. I'm not saying they'll die, I just can't say they'll live. They're in Schroedinger's Box.

2 comments:

Raising Them Jewish said...

Okay here are my thoughts:

1. DUH! Of course voldy dies

2. I think he does come back as a Phoenix. I don't think it's that weird of a theory.

3. Snape is good- though we've had this debate on my blog...

4. Also- see my blog for my answer. Though I do agree that the horcurx is no longer.

5. That might be true... I would put my money on Luna...

6.Also agree.

7. Nope...not the heir of anything.

8. Yup- yeah a marriage for Harry and Ginny

9. Can't say I have much of an opinion. I think Remus and Greyback will have it out.

10. Maybe. Not right away though, and NOT Neville.

11. Oh wait- that's it.

I think that there ARE LOTs of possibilities. The one I like most is that she writes Hogwarts a History next!

Gridley said...

I'd love to see Hogwarts: a History. :-)

I'd also love to see her backstory notes, character bios... :-}