Thursday, October 11, 2007

Deliver us!

So as I mentioned before, Boeing will be delivering the first 787 about six months late. We are still going to build planes to schedule however, we are told, which will result in a mass delivery (~30-40 airplanes) as soon as we get them certified. This will also result in a very crowded flightline. This image sparked something in my brain, and below is the result.

(To the tune of the obvious song from Prince of Egypt):

October 2008, Everett, Washington
[As rain drives down on the flight line, we see a group of 787s rolling slowly down an assembly line and around in circles. They begin to chant:]
Wings!... Tail!... Barrel!... Nose!
Wings!... and lift. Tail!... and join. Barrel!... and rivet. Nose! Faster!

[They sing]
With the gloom of the clouds on my windows,
With the weight of the ground 'neath my wheels,
FAA, let us fly! Give us type cert for the sky!
Loose our wings, say to Boeing:

Deliver us! Hear our call, deliver us!
BCA remember us, here in this pouring rain.
Deliver us! There's a route you promised us.
Deliver us, stop the airlines' pain.

[A large cargo freighter speaks as she unloads a barrel section]
My child, there is nothing I can do
But to pray there's space for you
For I must fly away, I hope they will

[The chorus of 787s breaks in]
Deliver us! Hear our call, Deliver us!
After all these months of waiting, crowded nose to tail
Deliver us! There's a route you promised us!
Deliver us! Certified and light
Deliver us! For a magic flight!

[The LCF sings softly]
Hush now, my barrel, wait calmly for me
Don't let the rain melt your glue
I'll soon return, with a Section Four-Three
Wait and FAD will get to you

Everett! Oh Everett! Clear runways for me!
Such precious cargo I bear!
Store all the barrels, the wings and the tails
Soon they will fly everywhere

[The 787s sing softly]
Deliver us! Send inspectors to inspect us!
Deliver us! To the world's airlines.

Deliver us!

I think I've finally gone completely 'round the bend.

2 comments:

Raising Them Jewish said...

You have. I can certify that. Weirdo! hehe :-) thanks for the smile.

Gridley said...

"I'm slowly going crazy... no wait, it isn't slowly..."