Monday, September 8, 2008

Crossing the Picket Line

I dislike even the idea of crossing a picket line, but SPEEA members are required to (until our contract is up, that is). So today I crossed the IAM line.

I find it interesting that many people (myself included) argued for Boeing to be chosen to build Air Force tankers partially because they would be built in the US, which is better. Boeing, however, does not seem to share that opinion when it comes to other planes it builds. Those are better designed and built overseas.

The logic escapes me, it really does.

Anyway, with outsourcing and sub-contracting being a major issue of this strike, and given Boeing's questionable "negotiating" tactics and the fact that their propaganda is more transparent than the USSR used to put out, I'm fully with the machinists on this one.

No comments: