Friday, September 26, 2008

Grey's is back :-)

Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!

Last night was the season premiere of Season 5 of Grey's Anatomy. Two hours of pretty good television and really bad commercials.

I really liked Dr. Hunt (the army doctor who showed up); I heard somewhere he's likely to be a regular and I hope that's true - I really liked the actor in Rome and from the few Army docs I've known he did a really good job with the part. Plus you've got to love someone who staples his own laceration shut. :-) I'm hoping he shows up in uniform again; I spotted the jump wings right off (my father had a set, after all), but I never got a good enough look at the badge below them to tell what it was. Anyway, even if he is in the 'Almost Airborne' division, I hope we see him again. I'm also hoping he's a captain, just for the connection to Rome. Maybe with a wife who was informed he'd been killed in Afganistan and an med tech who only thinks about women and booze... OK, maybe not.

The iceicle impalement, OTOH, just seemed over the top to me, and not in a good way. Fall down, whack the back of your head, fine. Get an injury from that? That would have been fine. Happen to be in exactly the right spot when a SHARP iceicle falls STRAIGHT DOWN (for those who haven't lived with iceicles, that isn't exactly normal) and STICKS?!

People getting injured by iceicles isn't unheard of, don't get me wrong, but it tends to be blunt trauma, not penetrating.

Anyway, thumbs up to Season 5 so far (I'm carrying your child... gotcha!).

No comments: