Thursday, November 15, 2007

Feverish or drunk?

I have come to the conclusion that having a fever is in many respects like being drunk, or some stage thereof.

In my 101+ degree haze yesterday and before, I noted that I had a somewhat lowered set of inhibitions, particularly on speech.

The fact that I was simultaneously light headed, apathetic, sleepy, etc. contributed significantly to my conclusion. Oh, and the headache and chills brought to mind other stages of alcohol overdose.

There is, however, nothing like being called two hours after you called in sick because they really can't do without you for a day.

Nor, in another way, is there anything like getting yelled at twice for something that happened while you weren't there.

1 comment:

Breathe'n'Evoke said...

Anyway I would prefer to get drunk. So was expecting it and not get frustrated 'cuz I got something from nowhere like a feverish.

Besides usualy you get drunk with friends, not fecerish.

Hehe, nice title for a blog.