Thursday, November 8, 2007

Unexpected gifts

Today I was given an IAM 751 pen - which I put a "Test Use Only" stick on so I could carry it :-). (For those who don't know, non-IAM folks aren't allowed to carry parts, with the exception of test parts which must be marked "Test Use Only." Its a union thing.)

Someone also left a small fuzzy blue thing with two plastic eyes on my desk - the black-disk-in-clear-bubble type often used for hand puppets. It looks like a small tribble with eyes. I have no idea who put it there (or similar ones on the desks of several but not all of the people around here), or why. All I know is that it is copyright 2005 by Popcap games of Seattle, WA, and was made in China.

I think it is a Chinese spy trying to steal the secrets of the 787. The joke's on him - I don't have any of the secrets of the 787!

Well, I do, but I'm not allowed to talk about that.

We were told at an all-hands meeting that we are supposed to take the Thanksgiving holidays off, so I will get a little break from the 45% OT. Of course, they also strongly hinted that we will not get all of the Winter holidays off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been Chuzzled!

Gridley said...

Great! What does that mean? Am I the next one to die? Is there a key to a safe-deposit box of gold inside the squeeker?