Monday, January 14, 2008

Furniture, Gaming, and Blasts from the Past

Yesterday I spent several hours hauling furniture around the house, in the process causing several trivial injuries and nearly crushing myself at least twice.

I now, however, have a workbench/desk in the garage (used to be the computer desk; got a new computer desk). I'm rather excited about this; I haven't had a workbench since... the last time I lived in the suburbs. OK, the pattern continues. This one is in the garage instead of the basement (not that my house has a basement, grumble, #!@#^! high water table, grumble), and of course isn't next to my father's workbench, but there's some emotional kinship even so.

Getting shelves into place has enabled quite a bit of unpacking, and I have once again revised upward how long it will take to cycle all the cardboard through the once-every-two-weeks recycling pickup.

We had the preliminary session of the new gaming group Sunday evening; two players short, but the rest of us worked out our characters and found out that we're apparently going to undertake a rescue mission first. The current party is a Warlock, a Bard, a dwarf Fighter, and a Cleric (me), with a probable Rogue and a probable Barbarian still to join. I flipped my character from being a Cleric of Heironeous to one of Pelor when the Paladin flipped to a Bard after the Ranger flipped to a Fighter - did anyone follow that? Well, that's how it happened.

We also played several hands of Car Wars (card game variant). I was victorious in the first hand, and the first eliminated in the second. Par for the course, I suppose. There was much hilarity and descriptions of spectators being killed by misses.

Today I got an email from a friend I haven't seen in years - it is even possible he'll read this post (hi there!), and found out that yet another person I know is getting married.

No comments: