Thursday, January 3, 2008

Trends and Patterns

Well, I'm back at work.

Despite all the chaos of moving and loosing my routine schedule over break, I don't seem to have missed any episodes of Grey's Anatomy; I guess they weren't as prepared for the writers' strike as they said they were (big surprise, right?).

Another thing hits home about living in suburbia; I am now in a carpool. I haven't been in one of those since... the last time I lived in suburbia.

It occurred to me today that the postal abbreviations for all the states I've lived in end in "A"; MA, PA, and WA to be precise. My next job may not be in Japan or Korea after all (increasing westward move extrapolation), it may be in California, Iowa, Virginia, Louisiana, or Georgia. Of course, in one of those I own an assault rifle, and in three I'm a "damn Yankee." Well, I suppose Japan wouldn't be much of a picnic either.

Of course, if I'd moved to Virginia instead of Washington, I could have continued the former-British-colonies trend, the "We are a Commonwealth, not a mere State" trend, and the "enjoys being a major player in revolutions and civil wars" trend.

All this was brought to mind today because I was reminded that there is a town near here called Arlington. There was also a town with the same name nearby in Massachusetts, and there was a neighborhood in Pittsburgh.

So, I am officially adding Arlington to the list of people, places, and things stalking me.

No comments: