Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sushi

When did I get addicted to sushi? How did I get addicted to sushi? Why am I addicted to sushi?

It is pretty far from my normal preferences, after all. Granted, I'm in a good part of the country for sushi, especially salmon, which is one of the fishes I like.

Last night I had a sushi feast - four rolls. For me, that's a lot of food in one meal. I had one California roll (a staple of mine), a Seattle Roll, a Washington Roll, and a Rainbow Roll. Yes, I know some of those are glorified California rolls themselves. So my addiction is really fairly narrow - it remains an addiction.

I don't like miso (sp?) soup. I don't like cooked fish (I tried recently - no dice). I like crab meat, though. I don't like uncooked cheese, and in most cases prefer my vegtables cooked to raw. What is the appeal those little bundles of rice and fish hold for me?

OK, sushi is fairly healthy (assuming it is prepared right). While it is somewhat expensive, I'm hardly in desparate financial straights. Also, I don't go out for sushi very often.

Do you like sushi? Do you know why?

No comments: