Tuesday, June 3, 2008

From somewhere near the Frontlines: June Fair

This was my first time attempting June Fair, and between the whole "new event" thing and the general exhaustion thing I decided to start by sticking my toe in. So I didn't camp, didn't fight rapier, didn't compete in any way in fact. I just shopped (got a second SCA shirt and a new belt pouch, earmarked to become a first aid kit), and enjoyed the atmosphere. I got some more practice carrying a sword around, enjoyed some bardic entertainment, and sampled new types of power bars.

The highlight was a play that I caught half of. Created and performed by SCAdians, it included a 50-100 word introductory speech by one character where he worked in the titles of at least 14 Shakespeare plays.

All in all, a good event, and one I plan to attend next year.

No comments: