Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Shipping

OK, let me get this straight...

I ordered a safe. Being large and heavy as safes tend to be, it is coming by truck.

But not just one truck. In fact, not even just one trucking company.

Southwestern Motor Transport Lines picked up the safe. I was kindly provided with a tracking number. Cool! They don't really provide much information, but hey.

Until they transferred the safe to Daylight Transport. SMTL provided another tracking number to use with Daylight Transport. Hmmm. Well, OK, maybe they're the ones doing the actual delivery.

Nope.

Daylight Transport will be delivering the safe to Air Van. I fully expect a third tracking number.

How many trucking companies does it take to move a single object 2,100 miles?

4 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

Have you determined the answer to your final question?

Gridley said...

Yes - turns out it is four. I sort of lost track of who was doing what to who, but the safe arrived intact so I'm not worried about it anymore.

Chris said...

Out of curiosity, could one of those companys have trains or boaats? I could see the safe going from the factory by truck to a boat to seattle, the a train to Everett, then a truck to your place.

Gridley said...

Not trains for sure, and they all looked like trucking companies to me.