Monday, May 19, 2008

BBQ, Medical Skills, and Gaming

Well, spring has finally woken up, realized it didn't set its alarm clock, and tried to make up for it with a burst of energy.

Yesterday I hosted a BBQ at my house. A small grill made things run slowly, but good food and good company was enjoyed by all. Mmm, corn on the cob. :-)

Speaking of spring in full power, however, I wound up treating our grill master for sunburn verging on second degree (very very slight blistering, if you're wondering how something can "verge on" being a second degree burn). Still, that's what burn cream is for, and we didn't set anything else on fire or even come close. My bandaging skills have, however, lapsed somewhat, as I needed to retape his dressing after a bit.

We also did gaming, and finished the first module our DM was running us through. I've decided that the "Gridley's Bio" entries I've been doing aren't worth the effort right now, so suffice to say we killed things, took their stuff, and lived to adventure another day. Or, in other words I used in an email: "Well folks, we've regained the sunlight. Battered, bloodied, in some cases drunk, out of wholesome hardtack and meat jerky rations, and hauling 347.52 pounds of loot."

Other weekend highlights (also see the Prince Caspian entry) included watching "Stardust" and most of "No Reservations." Yes, that's right, first weekend of really nice weather in over half a year and I watched three movies instead of mowing the lawn. At least I didn't get sunburn.

No comments: