Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What gets you through the day?

You know what they're like; the days where your body wakes up but your brain doesn't. The days where it seems like there are three hours between 10AM and 11AM. The days where that annoying co-worker asks you questions with just enough space between them for you to think he's done bothering you, but just often enough to keep you from getting any work done.

What do you do to get through those days?

In general, I try to just keep my head down and push through them. I've found that trying to focus on good things I'm expecting when I get done with work just makes the day take longer.

What tricks or tips have helped you get through Those Days?

3 comments:

Toni said...

If I'm having a day like that... (and I just happen to be having one today)

I go for a walk at lunch, have a snack, and drink coffee!!

Unknown said...

Two things.

First of all, the thought that I'd rather be working. Usually, a work funk ends up making me procrastinate, which furthers the funk. So, if just remind myself that I'd rather be working, I can get back into it. Which, 15 minutes later, I generally find makes me a lot happier because now I'm productive and my mind is active.

And the other thing that helps me through the day: Git-r-done.

No, seriously, I really mean that.

Gridley said...

The "I'd rather be working than not" seems rather promising; I'll have to give that a try.

Thanks, both of you!