Thursday, May 15, 2008

Current EDC

Today I'm carrying a Leatherman for the first time in several years.

For a long time I carried an early Leatherman in the holster with my trauma shears. When I left Pennsylvania, and thus the state where I was a licensed paramedic, I stopped wearing the holster, and decided that the Leatherman was annoying enough to use (plain metal edges cutting into the skin when attempting to use the pliers and some other tools) that it wasn't worth putting in a new place.

I now have a Leatherman Kick, which has plastic grips, and I'm carrying it in a belt pouch.

For the curious, this makes my current EveryDay Carry:

Wallet, ID folder, key holder, coin canister
Watch, glasses, pins, ring, quarter necklace
Glove pouch (2 pairs of nitrile gloves, CPR microshield)
Leatherman
CRKT folding knife
8x21 monocular
Handspring (PDA)
Cell phone
Mini Maglite (LED conversion)

I've been carrying a mini maglite for over 12 years now.

A lot of people have made fun of me over the years for the amount of stuff I carry on my belt. But it comes in handy quite often.

The other night I actually had a dream about using the monocular - the first time I can recall using something from my EDC in a dream.

Even in my dreams, I'm prepared. :-)

No comments: