Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Road Maintenance

In Massachusetts it was the pothole gnomes, who came out at night to dig potholes in the streets. There was a bridge near my house that was used for their PhD program.

In Pennsylvania I concluded that the department that paved the intersections was different from the one that paved the streets. There were persistant rumors that the mafia controlled the road crews; I don't believe it myself, the mafia are more reliable.

Here in Washington I think it should be called the Department of Random Grooved Pavement. I've seen more grooved pavement in three years here than in my entire life before then. Individual lanes are grooved, random 100 yard sections are grooved, and sometimes entire miles are grooved and STAY that way for weeks... or in one case months.

No comments: