Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Braaaiiins

I have joined a forum called "Zombie Squad." Despite the name, they actually seem to (mostly) be quite serious and knowledgeable people. Zombies are used as a convenient metaphor, plus as is frequently pointed out, "if you're ready for the dead to rise you're ready for anything."

http://zombiehunters.org/who.php

I've decided that this year is a good time to get myself prepared for emergencies. To that end I'm working on getting back in shape (New Year's resolution, going well so far), researching and aquiring capital equipment and supplies, and stockpiling consumeables.

My goal is, by the end of the year, to be able to survive for three days in reasonable comfort in my house during a total failure of all utilities (power, water, etc.), to have medical gear suitable for a squad-level medic (though remaining legal will force some compromises), and to have a packed 'bug out bag' for wilderness survival.

No comments: