Monday, February 25, 2008

Shooting

Went shooting Saturday for the first time in years. I broke in both the S&W 686 and the Winchester 1300, and reaquianted myself with the Browning Buckmark. My marksmanship skills have, predictably, dropped quite a bit.

The new weapons worked flawlessly, though they take much more effort to clean than the .22 does. The feed issue I was worried about with the shotgun only seems to happen with the snap caps (no problems at all with the live shells, although the I literally blew one of the targets off the hangers), and the 686 is even nicer than I remembered. One of the range guys, while helping me find a left-handed holster, noted that he thinks it has a custom trigger. If so I got an even better deal at the gun show than I thought. :-)

Rounds fired:
12ga: 25
.38: 50
.357: 12
.22: ~50.

No comments: