Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Sun

Post 200!

The Sun has been on my mind a lot lately.

Primarily, because in a highly unusual move it has been showing itself to the Seattle area for much of the last week.

I tend to forget just how hot it can get in a car, even when it is cold outside, under direct sunlight.

Today I picked up a National Geographic in the doctor's office which had a cover story about the Sun.

I also read a bboard discussion about climate change, which always makes me think of the sun.

I'm puzzled at the people who deny the sun could be responsible for the environmental changes the earth appears to be going through. If my house gets hot, I don't tend to assume it is because ninjas came in and added a bunch of insulation to the walls overnight. I turn down the furnace, and life is good. The insulation plays a part, of course, but the real mover and shaker is the furnace.

The Sun is the furnace of our home planet Earth. If the Sun were to vanish all the CO2 in the universe wouldn't save us from freezing to death.

No comments: