Monday, October 6, 2008

Moroccan Food and American Lead

Daily status: the DJI has dropped 840 points since the bailout passed on October 3rd. Your Federal tax dollars at work!

Saturday night my carpool to work took a party of five to dinner at the Marrakesh in Seattle (http://www.marrakeshseattle.com/index.htm). This was my second time there, and I have to say it has been highly enjoyable both times. One of the reasons I see for dining out is finding combinations of things that you never would have tried on your own. Mint tea is nice, chopped apples and bananas in cinammon sauce are nice, but together they are even better. :-)

Sunday to completely change cultures and activities I took a class on concealed carry for firearms. While my other classes with the Firearms Academy of Seattle have been highly positive experiances, this one was... rather less so. To begin with, it is a bad sign when I'm the second best shooter in a group of nine (not counting the instructors). The guy next to me in the lineups couldn't hear the range commands and after seven hours couldn't master the manual of arms for his own pistol. He wasn't the only "problem child." Moreover only a very small portion of the class was actually concerned with concealed carry; much of it was on drawing and holstering from a non-concealed holster. While I grant this is related to drawing from a concealed holster, there are other classes in the FAS tree that cover this.

No comments: