Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Perspective

Edit: Daily status: the DJI has dropped 1,805 points since the bailout passed on October 3rd. Your Federal tax dollars at work!

Regarding last night's post:

Yes, I know that compared to most of the world's population I'm very well off. I have a steady job, a roof over my head, enough to eat, and no bandits knocking on my door asking for protection or looking for loot. For that matter, if they do, I have the means to stop them and a law enforcement system that will most likely protect me when I do.

I'm also familiar with Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom. "No matter how great your victories or how painful your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less."

Well, this blog isn't about one billion Chinese, its about me, and the handful of people who read it.

No comments: